Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday morning - Things I have learned

April 14, 2013

Hello, my beautiful little grandgirl! Hope you had a better night than you did on Friday! 

I'm sure you were excited to meet Uncle Ben .... kinda cool, isn't he? You know, he knows lots of stuff to teach you,but I think you have to be able to walk and talk, first. And I'm pretty sure they don't make carseats for motorcycles.

Today is a day when I wish I never had to go back to work and could just come hang out with you, Mommy and Daddy forever. Actually, that would probably get old pretty quickly, but one day you will know what I mean.

Years ago, when your Mommy was a baby, Great Grannie Almilee Brooks used to call and ask about her. One day, she told me that her arms ached to hold Allison. At the time, I thought she was being a little over dramatic. But now I know what she meant.  Once, she even asked me to put Allison on the phone! I'm thinking .... you are whacked, Lady! She is only 6 months old, cannot talk, and does not have phone privileges! But I learned something from Great Grannie. And that is, always say what you are thinking (as long as it is kind) even if it makes you sound silly. You never know when the person you are speaking to will need to hear it!

Now my mother, your Great Grandmother Sandy, always kept her silence, unless, of course, someone asked for her opinion. What I learned from her is that you may always have an opinion, but everyone else doesn't necessarily want to know what it is! One of thes days, maybe I will get hat straight, and learn to keep my opinions to myself !

No comments:

Post a Comment