May 5, 2013
Hard to believe that you arrived one month ago today! When I woke up today, I couldn't quit thinking about my friend Lucinda and her son Zachary. For the life of me, I cannot remember what month his birthday is, but know it is the 5th of the month. Guess an email is in order to check on that fact.
Mommy has been sending the cutest photos of you .... with Ugly Charlie and Wage, and also in the bathtub (there is a little tummy there!) Looks like you weren't too sure about Ugly Charlie .... wonder what thoughts go through a baby's mind?? Mommy says that she got Wage because you will be a hard worker and friendly. SO many blessings are being spoken over you ....
Grandma has been really enjoying work lately .... especially the part of delivering babies and meeting people who are about to give birth. The computer stuff and meetings, etc. are a pain, but it is FUN to be able to help someone have their baby. Twice last week, I had patients that had to have c/sections, and it was pretty amazing to see how differently they reacted. The first lady had been in the hospital for induction of labor for a large baby for 2 days! Finally, the doctor decided that it wasn't going to happen, so he told her that she would be having a c/section later in the day. She cried so hard! Even her mother asked if this was the way most people reacted to being told they needed a c/section. I explained to her that there were hormones + disappointment, etc. But what I really thought was "control freak"! The second lady had her baby's heart tones go down, then up, then down again, and the doctor wasn't sure what the problem was. So we went to do a c/section while her mother called her husband back from lunch. He made it to the OR just in time, and the patient never cried or questioned anything. Unfortunately, something was wrong with the baby after he was born, and he ended up having to go to another hospital that could take care of his heart defect. All this second mom wanted to know was that her baby would be OK. I'm praying that there is something they can do for him.
Seems to be all about attitude, doesn't it?? Your Mommy was so brave and strong when you were born, and I was so proud of her. Grandma "wimped out" .... admitted this to my L&D friends, too. And Daddy .... what can I say?? He was right there with Mommy the whole time, helping her in any way he could, and even doing whatever she said, even if it didn't make much sense to him at the time. The memories of that day, and you, Abigail, are PRICELESS!
And, guess what? To celebrate your one month birthday, there is a HOLIDAY!! Feliz Cinco de Mayo, mija!
No comments:
Post a Comment