May 12, 2013
It's my first Mother's Day as a Grandma, and I couldn't be happier! Mommy sent me several pictures of you in the last few days .... my favorite was you and Brooklyn on the couch, and you were smiling! Dimples everywhere ..... boy, are we in trouble! ;-)
Daddy got up with you when you woke up early, and then you two had a little bonding/going back to sleep time. Mommy was surprised when she got up, and no one was crying! You might get a kick out of that story sometime later. Maybe whenever you become a mom yourself. It is interesting to watch your kids grow up, but really something else to see what they accomplish as they get older, wiser, and more mature. I'm pretty certain that Mommy, Daddy, and Uncle Ben are all a lot wiser than I was at their age!
Every day I think of something that I would want to tell you, and every day I don't write it down. So, for today the word is, Don't procrastinate. That's something they talked about in the Leadership conference. Another thing they talked about was a hotel chain that had excellent customer service, particularly among the bellhops, maids and porters. When asked about it, they invited the man to their training class. In that class, they made it a point that these (less-skilled) workers were really "ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen". That is so profound. Never see yourself as less-than. We are on this earth to serve others, not to be better-than.
Enjoy your first Mother's Day, going to LePeep for breakfast, and whatever other fun things you all decide to do. Smile! And know that you are dearly loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment